Friday, August 22, 2008

Getting Started

There are so many things running through my head in these days leading up to school starting back. Tomorrow is my official start with my first meeting for the museum to discuss the action plans for the next year and get a grasp of my first assignments. I am really interested to see how everything goes because I have never ventured into this aspect of being an anthropologist before. Secondly, the director of the museum (whom will also be one of my professors this semester) is one of those very interested and very helpful people that makes sure that you are doing ok. Not that I always need this, but it is nice to have someone ask you if you are doing well and everything is going as planned.

I had a professor during my undergrad that took me under her wing and opened a lot of doors for me, and I see the same personality in this director and it makes me very comfortable and confident. I am also starting to get in well with the other masters students in the program and feel as if I am finally making the transition into this new part of my life. I am so incredibly excited for things to get started while at the same time terrified on all that I will be challenged with this term. There is also the fact that I will be tackling the museum aspect of things and will have a whole new area of things to focus on that are out of my comfort zone. Well it is off to planning for the upcoming week with dozens of things to get done and only time to really complete about three.

0 comments: