What's New
So here are some new things that I found over the past week. Let me know what you think about everything.
Inventions:
McDonald's has done something original by incorporating actually growing lettuce in and as their new billboards. Awesome idea for this space.
This new line of coffee tables is made from recycled Honda Accords. While it isn't quite our decorating style, it sure is an amazing and attractive idea.
Japan has done it again, a water powered car. The new system separates the hydrogen and oxygen and allows them both to be burned as fuel. Since it has not made it to mass production yet it is quite expensive, but keep your fingers crossed. (Look who is driving!!!)
Solar power is every where, even these new curtains. That is right, solar panels are being incorporated into textiles and will hopefully hit the market soon.
New flower concept computer that saves space, is a beautiful piece of art, and expands our understanding of what a desktop PC can look like. Very geeky!!!!
Be a green golfer with this new line of biodegradable golf tees.
A little Humor:
Speaks for itself. Thanks Groovy Green!
Movie:
Lars and the Real Girl
Ryan Gosling puts on an amazing performance as a guy who falls in love with an anatomical sex doll. Going into the film thinking it was a comedy was a mistake, this is a romantic drama if I have ever seen one. An amazing movie!!!
Clothing:
A new 80's T-shirt site that has almost everything that you could possibly want. I think I am going to have to pick up this Bay Side Tee.
Threadless is still one of my favorite sites for witty and comical tees. I have yet to buy directly from them, but this Squirrel Line-backer Tee is one that I am going to have to break down and buy.![]()
A new line of Chastity Vow Pants by K-Mart. Now these are not pants that I am inclined to buy, but I thought there overall outlandish concept was something that should be noted.
Books:
New by David Sedaris, "When You are Engulfed in Flames" is sure to be great as all of his other writings are.
"Rant" by Chuck Palahniuk (Author of Fight Club) is sure to be promising in its rave reviews thus far.
This "New to Me" book by T.C. Boyle is among the many recommended to me by my good friend Allen Ball. "The Tortilla Curtain" was among the "Must Reads" for this summer as well.
This Miranda July book was also a recommendation from my friend Allen. While "No one belongs here more than you" is a vibrant pink covered book that sits here on my desk, I have no doubt that I will enjoy it despite its color.





2 comments:
Love that coffee table... weirdness speaks to me
Love that solar pwer curtain... genius idea
Soooooo loving that flower PC... great concept.. the only thing is that having a virtual laser keyboard doesn't give you key stroke feedback... i dunno if i could type like that
Lars and the Real Girl is a good movie... I love weird indie flicks like that... I have a collection of them
Anything 80's is a great time!
And the graphic alone on the book "Rant" makes me wanna read it... lol
Don't they have some of those "True Love Waits" pants where the message is printed on the butt? "True Love Does Everything it Can to Tempt, but Then Waits" I suppose.
I've been eyeing that Miranda July book. Let me know how it is.
Post a Comment