Ramble, Ramble, Ramble

I had one of those day where I was torn between being completely lazy and being really productive. It wasn't so much that I had a lot that had to get done, but there are always house projects and house work to be done. At the same time I could be completely lazy and it still wouldn't have been a huge deal. I know, what a predicament? I realize that I am fortunate to even have that kind of position during the week. The way I see it (since I can) is that I put in a full day at school and then still have to study and do homework at night, so this is kind of the trade off. ( I think I tell myself this so I don't feel bad when my wife is working so much). So I was mildly productive today. I purchased and planted some more herbs and transfered them all to the back yard in hopes of a better yield. I also went to the gym to check it out and get the rates and am going to give it a try. The really cool part is that is has that urban/old city vibe too it and is right down town via the street cars if necessary.
I should mention that I am extremely proud of my wife. I know, I know, Hasn't he already done this post? Well I have. But the situation just keeps coming up. She is having to work extra hours, is so intelligent that she keeps getting extra responsibility but then gets further backed up and has to work even more hours. I can't say that it isn't rough on us, but I sure hope that she realizes how much I appreciate it. I have been known to bitch about having to spend time out with her co-workers when, in fact, I do find many of them very enjoyable (except this one, which I won't go into on here). Many of the guys I get along with like a college buddy and the girls are all really easy to get along with since they think I am a great husband. Regardless, I happen to harp on them a little more than I should since they take so much time away from me and my wife being able to spend time together. All in all, I guess this is one of the many struggles that people talk about when giving you advice about one person being in school and one working in a marriage. I am very proud of her though and no matter how much I bitch and complain it is more at the situation that her job puts her in rather than her. She is an amazing person and I just wish we could spend ever hour of every day together (except we do get on each others nerves from time to time).
All in all today was not a very productive day, just more emotional and intellectual reflection of which I find myself doing more and more lately. Hope that doesn't become a problem.





1 comments:
Sounds like a good day to me. A sporadic day of laziness and reflection is always good.
Post a Comment