Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cooking


At the moment I have that feeling where I am barely holding onto my sanity and could absolutely loose it at any moment. Just things like how am I going to find another job after this contract is up? Am I doing what I really want to do with my career? Is what I have chosen to do going to open the doors that I want it to? Is my relationship ok? Do I worry too much? And the list goes on. Well, on of the many things that I do to maintain my grip on reality, or to hide behind it, is too cook. I listed all of the things that I recently purchased at the farmer's market and want to say that so far it has been money well spent. We have already tried some of the new coffee which had a really bold and wonderful taste. Then, tonight for dinner, we had a broccoli (fresh from the market)and asparagus fettucini with a lemon creme sauce. All this complete with the fresh focaccia bread from the market. Last was dessert consisted of sweetened organic strawberries and homemade whipped cream paired with cappuccinos made from the new coffee. Eating food from fresh ingredients is great, but grocery shopping is a chore to say the least. Not only does it take a great amount of time out of your day, but it also takes a lot of planning and fighting the crowds at the local grocer. All being said and done, hopefully I will find some new recipes to cook tomorrow to help in my cooking therapy for life.

1 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

You're welcome to come cook for me anytime. Don't be surprised if I show up on y'all's doorstep.