Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What's New

So this is how I have decided to share all things that I have found over the past week. I am going to include the new inventions, books, movies, websites, music, and whatever else I want to add. I will do this once a week and it will always be called my "what's New" segment. I should also note, these aren't things that are necessarily new, but new to me. So Here we go:

Inventions:


New solar back-pack sports a solar panel to power are your portable devices while on the go.







This new water conservation urinal saves space and water. I don't know how this is going to go over though, you decide.







This new "green" cell phone sports all the technology that we expect from a new cell phone, but also is solar charged. Leave it in the seat while you drive and it is charged.







This i-pod integration system for your bike allows for you to view your speed and keep an eye on those behind you. Good idea!






Green Websites:



This new-to-me website provides green alternatives for your home. From the hemp shower curtains to biodegradable picnic cutlery, this place has it all.




This earth friendly products site provides everything from compost bins to heirloom flower seeds. Everything you could hope for from an organic home, lawn, and garden store.




This site provides help and insight into becoming a gardener in our modern lives. It provides some helpful tips and ideas about having that indoor garden.



Books:



I just started this story of a "dunce" in New Orleans. Said to be a tragic-comedy, it reads very well so far and paints a very vivid picture of one of my favorite cities. Worth checking out; it did win a Pulitzer.





Music:



A new-to-me artist, Newton Faulkner, has out a new CD that deserves some praise. Hand Built by Robots is a great CD with some music with a great sound that will get you up and moving, check it out. "Dream Catch Me" and "Gone in the morning" are my favorites so far. The Dream Catch Me video can be found on his website.



Movie:



Definitely not new, but new-to-me. I finally got around to watching Atonement, and it was amazing. It is slow in some parts, but the movie was very well done. I watched it twice in the four days we had it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the solar-powered stuff - I feel like that would be SO incredibly useful and the fact that it's green... well, it's sort of like getting kids to eat vegetables by covering them in ranch dressing or something so they are getting something good for them, but don't know it!

I'm not so sure about the urinal/water conservation thing, but I'd definitely buy the solar powered stuff. And I wish that they'd invent a way to put your iPod up on an elliptical or a treadmill so you wouldn't have to look in multiple places to get all your info and press all the buttons...

Dustin James said...

Mel: I think the solar powered accessories are going to be a huge fad....so lets get ahead of the game. And the urinal, I am not too sure about either. I think it is a great concept, but the sanitary aspects of it concern me.