Making that Dough
I attempted to make bread for the first time today. My friend Niki gave me a recipe for "No kneed bread" that she found and I decided to try it. Granted this was my first try, but it came out pretty well.
I also found time to make a stir fry of asparagus, endive, kale, bok choy, shallot, carrot, and celery in a orange-ginger-soy sauce. I also prepared a blueberry coffee cake for tomorrow morning so that when the hang over is in full force I can just throw it in the oven.
The wife and I are off to a Hank Williams and Lynard Skynard concert. Not so excited by the music as much as I am the people watching. Talk about a prime time for cultural reflection and examination. (And growing up in the south I already know every word to these songs, as reluctant as I am to admit it.) Needless to say then, we both plan on having a "have someone drive us home or call a cab" kind of night and will need some sustenance come the mid-afternoon when we get up.
Have a good one and I will indulge you with my cultural reflections come tomorrow.





3 comments:
Damn that bread looks good! Looks like it would have tasted soooo good right out of the oven, and you just put some butter on it to be gracefully melted by the warm bread heat!... Mmmmmm!
And I went to the grocery and got healthy stuff. It was rough. So I'm going to need those quick recipes you mentioned ;) Thx!
I think you should start a weekly feature sharing one of your fresh-food recipes.
Modern Gal: I am going to take you up on your advice, let me know some recipes that you might like to see on her. Thank you for your bloggy wisdom and guidance as always.
Mentalthreesixty: Let me know what kind of cuisine that you usually eat and I will tailor some recipes for ya.
Post a Comment