Monday, May 5, 2008

Manic Monday


Just a couple of things real quick. While I did have a less than perfect day on Saturday, Friday and Sunday were amazing. My wife and myself (accompanied by my brother an law) got to attend the Beale Street Music Fest again this year. We had a blast as usual and I got to see Johny Lang, Joan Jet, Gavin Degraw, Michael Franti and Spearhead, and O.A.R. It was an amazing time as usual, and the not being able to drink on Sunday left for a lot of contemplation and self reflection that I usually miss out on due to my intoxication.

Last, but not least, was a new restaurant that we tried out this weekend. It's on Monroe in midtown and called Restaurant Iris It is situated in an old mid-town house and has been established by a young creole chef from Southern Louisiana by way of a New York culinary school. The ambiance is amazing and the food was even better so I highly recommend it if you are looking for something new.

1 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

awww, I wish I'd been there. But, I suppose I can't complain as my house is now finally spotless and ready to show.