I think I am getting it

So having delved in head first in the blogosphere, I think that I am coming across some amazing cultural and societal realizations. There is such a sense of community and networking in the blog culture that is absolutely beyond what I had ever imagined. With the introduction of the internet, cell phones, computers, and the other often very meaningful technology that has been thrust upon our culture in the past few decades our culture has had to change at a rate that faster than anyone could have imagined. With the sense of community and social support going down due to busying lifestyles, it is the blog community that has provided this much needed system for many of us. In a sense, a blog allows for us to carry on conversations, voice our opinions, let others into our lives, and get positive and negative feedback that is needed within any society. Our blogging culture has created a community and social support mechanism with no barriers versus the circumscribed social support infrastructure of the past. I love it!





2 comments:
You've got it! (I think that makes you a real blogger now).
Came across your blog by way of surviving myself. I just have to show love to fellow nerds of science who like to step into the right brain realm from time to time. I'm doing the whole graduate work thing too... about to start Doctorate in the Fall. Any-who, welcome to the wondeful world of awkward blogginess!
Post a Comment