Monday, October 20, 2008

Now...Step 1

So...I have spewed my negativity out to all of you that have taken time to read. And I appreciate it. I had to get my frustration out to be able to start making some changes. So first: Be positive!!!

Being negative isn't going to get me anywhere. I am going to be positive about all the things that are going good and changing those things that are not.

A lot of what I have had to say sounds very, well....whinny, and I hate that. I have never expected to be handed anything while in grad school. I have always been of the mindset that you get out of graduate school what you put into it. And I still believe that. The issue that I do still have is that the required classes I am having to take are not adding to the education that I have set out for myself within the structure of this program. I believe that a lot of this has to do with my mind set, and with the place that I am in in my life and with my thinking at the moment, I don't see that changing.

With my newly reinforced drive and demand for change in myself I know that I will be able to work through the rest of this class and make sure that I am not misinformed as I was going into this one.

As for my exam today: it is gonna be a toss up. I do not feel that I have a grasp on the information. I do not feel comfortable with the theory, methodology, or examples. I fell that I get something different out of our readings from what our professor "tells us" we should be getting out of the readings. I do not come from the same background and don't come to the same conclusions and think that I will be at a loss as a result. Doing my best and I will get through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

Sounds like the right attitude. Just remember that you might inadvertently get something out of these courses if you keep an open mind. Maybe not what you expect, but at least something. If you don't, just cut your losses and work for something better next semester.