What a Trip
As crazy as it sounds...the wife and I needed a night outside of Memphis and away from much of the drama that accompanies our usual company. We are kind of enough to have an amazing friend that does not have to consume alcohol to enjoy herself (a quality I do not always possess) and volunteered to drive. The reason being, our wonderful friend whom went to college in Jackson, MS invited us down to see the amazing Molly Ringwalds on Friday night. While the drive was longer than we might have usually endured, it was worth it. I found an amazing person to begin to build a friendship with whom works with my wife, and found an intelligent male that has a lot of the same outlooks on life as I do (hard to come by). Even my wife, whom was feeling a little under the weather, sang every possible chorus that she could possibly remember and danced along to all the 80's songs that she was not up on. Over all, even though my loyalty belongs to the Breakfast Club from Knoxville, the Molly Ringwalds were pretty amazing. What can I say, I am a sucker fro 80's music, and when you add drinking and everyone singing along it just makes for a great time. I did talk our new friends ear off on the way back from Jackson, but given that it was 3 am when we left, I was terrified that if I stopped talking I would fall asleep and she would be stuck driving by herself (since the wife was already passed out in the back). Just getting away and being myself was great......can't wait for some of the same this weekend....Knoxville, here we come.





1 comments:
Don't forget to call me!
Post a Comment