The Busy Life
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to hop on here and give everyone a little overview of what all I have to do. I not only still have my cold, and now pink eye, but I am still plugging along with exam week. Have a presentation and 30 pager due today then anatomy exam on Thursday.
On another note. Yesterday was our presentation of our research in Medical Anthropology (60% of our grade). The way it was set up was like a professional presentation; instead of turning in a paper, everyone compiles a 3 ft. x 4 ft. poster highlighting the while process. While this allows for a better method to overview everyones work, it leaves somethings to be desired. I noticed that when you have a dozen graduate student anthropologists and 20 or so undergraduate anthropologists in the same room there is no boundaries to the conversations. While the presentations included sex ed, obesity, pregnancy, nutrition, blood, community, and anything else you can think of .....the conversations were even better. Discussions of how to use female condoms, understanding obesity and what an obese body looks like, the changes that happen to the body during labor, and the trauma of Uganda. While anthropologists can often times be overly critical and often too analytical, the conversations have no boundaries and make for a good time.





2 comments:
Oh man...that's awful. I have a long-standing fear of catching pink eye. I'm sure the timing doesn't help either.
I always loved it when class sessions would turn into life discussions, but I guess when you're an anthropologist, life discussions are just normal.
Post a Comment