Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Autism Awareness Month



I felt I should do my part to promote autism awareness month, and thanks to Studio 360 I have a few things to contribute. Since everyone will be getting their fare share of factoids and testomonials, I thought I would post some of the things on the lighter side of life.


First is Autism the Musical which is exactly what it sounds like. A musical with an all autistic cast as a means of therapy and expression for these kids. It has gotten world wide acclaim and will be making its television debut on March 5th on HBO. Check out the trailer.


Next is the new Broadway play LUCY by Damien Atkins that just opened in March and is getting great reviews. Here is the blurb:
"Lucy is 13 years old; Lucy is autistic. She sees her mother for the first time in years when her father decides to re-marry and start a new life. Lucy is a play about newfound love between a mother and daughter and the revelations it triggers, including a provocative new theory of evolution."
Not to mention that the mother character is an Anthropologist which just makes the play even more exciting for me. It is getting really good press and the evolution spin is keeping people very interested.

Again, you can check out interviews about these issues on the most recent episode of Studio 360 by PRI.

0 comments: