Sunday, February 22, 2009

Where did my weeken go?

So I sit here on Sunday afternoon asking myself where the time went. Last I remember I was rushing home from GIS class on Thursday to get my house ready for company and start dinner. The rest is all a blur of drinking, Waffle-house, volunteer days, and very little sleep. Did I forget that I am in graduate school and had a lot to do today or did I just need to let loose? I think the later.

So the past two weeks my wife and I have been trading off with a friend of ours of dinner and TV night on Thursday nights. We go over there or she comes over here and we cook and we watch TV, hang out, and just talk about whatever. With both my wife and my own busy schedule, it allows us to see friends and lay low all at the same time. It has been pretty successful so far, but I tend to drink more when we hang out and since I work no less than 9 hours on Friday, it has been a challenge.

And Friday, I went to work for my 8 hours, met my wife and her parents for dinner (which was an hour drive across town cause of traffic) and then headed out to a birthday party. My night before, long day at work, and having to be back to work at 8 on Saturday had left me excited about the party, but really not wanting to stay that long, and I was determined. Well, after I arrived my wife called and said that she was going out so I decided I could stay out a little later, and then more people came, so I decided I could drink a little more, and next thing I knew I decided to make a late night run to Southaven to Waffle-house and get home for 3 hours of very poor sleep. Needless to say, when I have a good time my little "rules" for myself go right out the window. I really had a blast and the night went by so quickly, I guess I really needed it. I am really getting to like my colleagues and really enjoying their company. This is the first time that I have been academic rivals with people and not let my competative nature get in the way. I hope that I don't do anything to mess that up as usual.

Saturday, oh Saturday. I was tired, and really not feeling like talking to people. I was running the Volunteer day for the museum and didn't really expect a good turn out. Well, of course that was not the case. I had 15 people come out, showing up at different times, and that were all pretty talkative and wanted to know about me. While I really wasn't in the mood, I had a blast and really got them to do a lot of work. So, all in all it was successful despite the fact that I wasn't looking forward to it.

And here I am, on Sunday, after sleeping 13 hours and needing to get a lot done. I have a definite reading marathon ahead of me and I am not looking forward to it. Also, my bad mood Friday night (from knowing that I had to leave early and not drink a lot) had me twitter some stuff that has now come full circle and probably upset some people. So I am experiencing some of the negative aspects of twitter. While I meant what I said when I said it, those feelings changed and quickly for that matter. One of the colleagues that I respect and admire a lot, however, may now be pissed at me and I wouldn't blame here. Regardless, I need to remember that people can find me here and that what I twitter can show up. I guess people also need to know that I share too much, and this is one of those times that it may just bite me in the ass.

Will let you know how it turns out.....Cheers!

1 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

Emotional Twittering. I guess it's like emotional drinking or emotional driving or any of those things.

And Southaven Waffle House? That has to be a mark of a good night.

Take care of yourself.