Evolution Rant
So, a news group recently reported a story that sparked a quick rant. I sent it to many of those close to me, but thought I should share it here as well here since I have not ranted in quite some time.
The original article: Knox schools say they don't teach human evolution, but how the process relates to all life
And now....my rant:
"That article made me so incredibly angry that I really wanted to respond on the discussion page but couldn't articulate my ideas in a professional manor. I can not believe that with the amount of education that people receive today, how far science has come, and how much science people incorporate into their every day lives that they don't see that there is a separation between science and religion. They are not the same, can not be compared, and don't fallow the same intellectual principles to support their ideas. It is like trying to solve a math equation using grammar rules. And if I ever hear some one say "I know we didn't come from apes" one more time I am going to freak out. People have taken a much to simplistic and mechanistic view of evolution in that argument and if it was only that easy. I can not believe the ignorance of some people and that they don't even attempt to understand it because they are so scared that it will undermine their religious beliefs. If your religious beliefs are that fragile in that you can't combine fact with faith, then you have an issue of your own...not one of science. I can't believe this is still happening, Darwin is rolling over in his grave right now. It makes me happy to also know all the publicity he is getting this year since it is the 150 year anniversary of his book publication and the 200 year anniversary of his research. He is also being posed as a strong advocate against slavery (which he was) and commended for his strong Catholic faith. He didn't have a problem with science and religion as separate entities, why are these f-tards messing it all up.
Thanks, I needed that rant"
Anyway, would love your comments!





2 comments:
uh oh.. didn't know I'd start a rant by telling you about the article. Just so all of your readers (hi cuz!) know.. the nerdy one's initial response to this article was: "This is why we could never raise children in Knoxville." See, he does have babies on the brain!
I'm pretty sure East Tennesseans haven't evolved as far as the rest of us.
Post a Comment