It paid off
I feel that this semester is by far that I have had in my entire school career. I had many, many sleepless nights and there was even a wedge driven between me and my wife. This semester took a toll on my life that I could have never imagined. Now it is over.
I never thought that just getting grades back could provide validity and resolution to the work, effort, and strife that has gone into a semester. I really had no idea that I would feel better after just seeing my grades.
There were several obstacles that I had to overcome this semester. There were several times that I thought I would never make it through. Yet somehow I still didn't feel vindicated, until I saw my grades. It is really strange though. I knew that I was doing well. As always, I could have done better and put more time into it, but I did well. Somehow seeing those grades really allowed for me to formulate my identity. If there was doubt that I was going to cut it or those moments that I doubted if I was an anthropologist all became moot knowing that I could do it and get perfect scores.
Now comes the next stage of my career. While I have my reservations about working in the field and my ability to do so, I am diving in head first to learn from my mistakes and be an anthropologists. Knowing that I made the transition from a biological anthropologist to a biocultural/medical anthropologist really gives me the confidence that I can do this. I will be heading into new, unchartered territory in my career having to act professional and confident while in the inside I will be terrified and scared out of my mind. I am ready , though, and these grades made me realize that I can do.....and be good at it.





2 comments:
Congratulations. You certainly have earned it. Now take some time off and enjoy life a bit :)
I COMPLETELY know how you feel... right there with ya!
Post a Comment