Information Overload
You know exactly what I mean.
Foreclosure
Fannie Mae
Freddie Mac
Obama
McCain
Debate
Oxford
WaMu
Palin
Bailout
Wall Street
credit
recession
economy
Georgia
Pakistan
Gustav
Simpson
AIDS
gas prices
murder
I have to say that I am on that likes to stay very well informed, up to date, well educated, seated in current event issues.....etc. Sometimes it just really gets to me though.
Getting bombarded all day every day (which I do invite most of the time) starts to become draining. I am not sure if it is that it is too much information or the fact that you start to build opinions on every topic. You don't have a way out of the conversation with the "I am not up to date on the issue" card, but you have a strong and (mostly) informed opinion.
I am beginning to get waited down with all the devastating news out there for the past couple of weeks and think a week of being detached is my near future.
Not tonight though, I am going to go to an OBAMA watch party with a grad friend of mine and am very excited. Let's kick some ass Obama!





0 comments:
Post a Comment